Comerica Bank sponsors the Hatch Detroit small business grant contest each year. This is the program’s tenth year. So the 2022 winner will receive a $100,000 grant to open a storefront in Detroit or other eligible communities. That’s double the normal award of $50,000. The application period closes May 12, at which point the public gets to vote for their favorite finalist.
How do I Qualify?
- If you have submitted your business plan and made the Top 10 Semifinalists in previous years, you may not submit again with the same business.
- We suggest downloading this application before you begin so that you may review all the questions in advance. You are able to save and return to this application if you need more time to complete it.
- Please note that your submission MUST be completed by May 12, 2022 to be valid
- Please note that your submission MUST be submitted in full by 11:59 PM on May 12, 2022
- If you are asked to proceed to the semifinalist round you will be required to provide a participant agreement before being able to move forward
- Only permanent, brick and mortar retail locations will be considered
- Though not required, the most successful submissions include samples and a strong understanding of media use
- Residency in Detroit, Hamtramck, or Highland Park is not required but is preferred
- We expect that our alumni (Top 10) be engaged, active members in the communities in which they choose to do business.